Monday, November 23, 2009

Menu Plan - Thanksgiving week!

Last week I stuck to my menu plan every day but Friday... I just wasn't feeling it so we went out to Newks. Newks is a local place that we absolutely love and trust me there are no regrets with that decision!

Good news is now I can just move Friday's meal to some day this week since I already have everything for it. That's the thing about a menu plan...it's just a plan. Give yourself some room for error and things will run so much smoother. Here's what I'm thinking for this week:

Monday: Hamburgers, Fries and Baked Beans
Tuesday: Cream Cheese Chicken Crescents and steamed veggies
Wednesday: Sweet and Sour Chicken and Rice
Thursday: Thanksgiving!
Friday: LaBamba Casserole
Saturday: Potato Soup and Grilled cheese
Sunday: Jerk Chicken Pasta, Salad and Garlic Bread

There will be a lot of cooking going on this week. Not only will I be making a few things to take to my in-laws house on Thursday but Ben has a thanksgiving brunch at work on Wednesday. My aunt has an a.mazing quiche recipe that I'll be sending along with him. I'll see if I can twist her arm for permission and share it with ya'll on here later in the week. We also got a freezer this weekend (thank you Draker's!) and I've been trying my best to stockpile in a hurry before baby #2 gets here. I may or may not have over 30 homemade cinnamon rolls in my freezer right now...

As far as Thanksgiving goes, I'm planning on making a vamped up version of green bean casserole, a "turkey" cheeseball appetizer, maybe a sweet potato casserole and some sort of dessert depending on what my mother in law has planned. I know she is making chicken and dressing and mashed potatoes but I'm not sure what else...maybe I should call her :)

I'll update as much as I can this week but it is going to be crazy busy at our house - we're getting new carpet tomorrow and seeing as how I'm 38 weeks pregnant my main goal is to just make it to thanksgiving on Thursday! Don't forget to enter the giveaway on my first post!

Happy Cooking this week and I hope ya'll enjoy your time with family!
Enjoy tons of other menu's and great ideas over here at Orgjunkie!

No comments: