Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Challenge!

Frugal Challenge 2010
These are going to be my personal goals and I will check in on the first of each month to let you know how I’m doing. Want to join me? You don’t have to use my specific goals – you can come up with your own! I’d love to hear some ideas you are having.

*Spend no more than $60 a week on groceries
*Do not pay more than $1 for the following items: deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors, body wash or shaving cream up until June. After June only purchase these items if these are free!
*Clip coupons every Sunday night and keep coupons organized in a binder
*Eat from the pantry one week of each month (only fresh produce and dairy these weeks)
*Spend the majority of my grocery money on fresh ingredients or ingredients that are in a natural state (fresh or frozen fruit and veggies, meat, dairy, etc)
*Eat out only 2-3 times per month

While these are my personal goals, I do want to challenge each and every one of you to bullet point #2. There is no reason, given the deals at grocery and drug stores, that any of us should be paying more than $1 for each of these items! Honestly, there really isn’t any reason we should be paying anything for these items but I understand that many of you don’t have a “stockpile” and will need to pay at least a little out of pocket to get you started.

I look forward to saving money and being diligent with our resources this year– I hope you’ll join me!

2 comments:

hannah said...

you're the coolest person i know. hands.down.

Stephanie Harbin said...

I don't know how you do it, but these sound like great goals. We eat out all the time and my goal is to eat out only two times a week. Monday after gymnastics and Sunday after church. I need to spend more time cooking healthier meals. Thanks so much for sharing all the tips.