Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Smoked Tuna Dip

My aunt brought an amazing smoked salmon dip to our house over the holidays - it was fabulous to say the least! Here is my frugal version of it. Obviously if you have smoked salmon lying around then use it! I'm using some of the tuna pouches I got for free last year with some cream cheese that was just on sale at Kroger. If you are the sort of person that enjoys cooked tuna dishes, you could easily top this dip with mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.

Ingredients
6-7 oz tuna well drained (or use 3 pouches like I did)
1 8 oz block reduced fat cream cheese
1/2 - 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and serve with pita chips, veggies or crackers. Try 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke first, if it suits you then leave  it, if not add a little more to taste. Serve chilled or warm as mentioned above.

No comments: