Friday, March 5, 2010

Chicken Wraps

This is one of those recipes I'm telling y'all to run out and make as soon as possible! I've made these for a long time, courtesy of my aunt Regina's original recipe. I've changed it up over the years and here is my version. We love this at our house and I have a feeling that y'all will too. This can actually be a very flavorful healthy meal if you use reduced fat cream cheese, turkey bacon and 2% mozzarella. Don't worry. You can thank me later ;).

Ingredients
4 chicken breast or 8 chicken tenders
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 pack of bacon (I use turkey bacon)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice
couple of dashes of worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Combine the softened cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic and parsley in bowl. Set aside.

Take your chicken, place in a plastic bag and hammer out until flattened. Tyson sells a "thin cut" that works perfect for this but if not, just hammer out your own.

Place enough cheese mixture to cover 3/4 of the chicken.
Roll the chicken up and place two pieces of bacon around it so that it makes a cross on top of the chicken.I had some leftover filling so I used a little bit in between each layer of bacon (where it meets).

Pour lemon juice and worcestershire sauce on the chicken. Top it all off with some fresh cracked pepper. If using regular bacon then do not add any additional salt - the bacon will salt it for you!

Bake covered for 30 minutes at 375. Take cover off and bake for an additional 10 minutes uncovered.

Serve with your favorite sides. I recommend this couscous. If you have never tried it before, this weekend sounds like a great time to start. :) 

Hope y'all enjoy.


3 comments:

Liz said...

Those look yummy!  I might have to try them.  Thanks for the recipe!

Liz said...

 whoops, didn't mean to attach my picture...lol

The How To Mommy .com said...

Cream cheese and bacon?  What's not to love!  I am your newest follower and
wanted to invite you to join my Tasty
Thursday Recipe Swap Blog Hop
.  If you join you are entered
to win a $10 Food Network Store Gift Card.  Hope to see you at the hop.

~The How To Mommy