Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Corn and Zucchini Toss

I modified this recipe from a recipe in Southern Living. The original recipe called for 2 tsp of taco seasoning which I left out. Feel free to add that if you want to try it that way. I actually added 3 leaves of fresh mint from our garden and I really liked the flavor it added. This was extremely fresh and delicious and I'll be making it many more times this summer.

Ingredients
2 tbs butter (I used smart balance)
2 cups fresh corn cut from the cob (about 3 ears)
2 cups fresh diced zucchini (about 3 small)
3 sprigs fresh parsley, minced
1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Dice zucchini and saute in 2 tablespoons of butter about 2 minutes

Cut corn off of the cob

Add corn to the pan and saute another 5 minutes.

Stir in spices and serve along side your favorite grilled main course.

 Enjoy.

No comments: