Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Healthy-fied Buffalo Wings

I LOVE hot wings. There have been times that we've gone out somewhere and that's what I have ordered as my entree - true story! I know, I'm crazy, but I love all things spicy. I do not however love the fat and calories that come with a traditional "hot wing". I make hot wings on special occasion but grill them instead of frying them. Here is a pan we enjoyed last Halloween.
My aunt started grilling her wings not too long ago (because she has a fabulous big green egg) and they are so good! I wondered how I could satisfy my craving on a more regular basis without affecting my waistline and came up with this recipe. I still make the grilled wings when feeling froggy but these make a great, fun appetizer and are a healthy replacement to the wing.

Ingredients
8-10 chicken breast tenders, diced
1 tsp dry rub seasoning (such as Corkys or Rendezvous)
1 cup buffalo wing sauce
bbq skewers
celery and bell pepper sticks
ranch/blue cheese dressing

Dice tenders into 2 inch chunks. Marinate chicken in sauce and seasoning for at least an hour. Place chicken on skewers, grill on each side until chicken is done. Coat with another layer of sauce (if desired) and serve with celery, bell pepper sticks and dressing of your choice. Enjoy!



3 comments:

Tatums said...

I can't wait to try these. We love hot wings at our house, but I too hate the fat. I also hate paying for bones and skin. I may have to change my menu around this week so we can try them now! Thanks!!!

Tatums said...

Hi Bethany! We made these Thursday night and they were great! I made half with your hot wing recipe and the other half with McCormick's Baja Citrus Marinade. They were both so yummy!

Bethany said...

That Baja Citrus marinade sounds fabulous - I will have to try that! I'm so glad y'all enjoyed them, I need to make these next week :)