Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Come Link Up Your Fall Recipes!

I make the same things all the time...even when I make something different it ends up looking just like what I made before - ha! I'm going to challenge myself this fall - for the entire Fall Season I am going to make the Recipes included in the Cooking Light Great Plates issue. I will give myself 3 "outs" though because, well, you know, I don't like grape leaves.

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
Here is a fun, festive absolutley delicious pancake recipe I 'invented' this past Sunday night for dinner. Festive, Fall on a plate! You could probably do all buttermilk or all milk, this is just what I had on hand and it worked really well.


Ingredients
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup pumpkin

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix just until combine. Preheat a pan or griddle (definitely recommend a griddle) Pour batter onto cooking surface using a 1/3 c measuring cup or ice cream scoop. Serve warm with maple syrup and enjoy!

Come Link Up and Share your recipes with us - let's inspire each other to cook for fall!


1 comment:

thebigredpot said...

my husband is a banana blueberry pancake man - but LOVED these! Thanks for all of your recipes - that each sound so, so good!