Friday, September 17, 2010

Fudgy Brownies

This was my very first, from scratch, brownie recipe. I know! Where have I been? Truthfully, I've gotten so many brownie mixes for free over the past few years that I have just never even tried to make them myself. My new October Cooking Light came in yesterday and had a makeover brownie recipe in it, so I thought I'd give it a try. Heaven! These are really, really good - just be sure to have some ice cream to top them with. I mean, that's how brownies just beg to be eaten...or maybe by themselves with your coffee...I'm definitely NOT doing that right now :)

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt (just eyeball it in your hand)
1/3 cup butter (I used smart balance)
2 ounces chocolate (the original recipe calls for dark but any will work)
1 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup milk

In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa and salt. Set aside. In a microwavable bowl, microwave butter and chocolate for 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Add sugar, milk and vanilla to butter mixture. Stir well. Add egg yolks and egg, fold entire butter mixture into flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour into an 8 inch baking pan (I recommend doubling this recipe and using a 9x13) Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350. Cool, Slice and Enjoy!

1 comment:

Robin Harper said...

Awesome! I'm going to have to try this recipe. I've tried different lower-calorie brownie recipes and none of them turn out very good. Thanks!!