Friday, September 17, 2010

Grilled Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa

I love this meal. I could make it every single week and never get tired of it. What a perfect way to end the summer!

Ingredients
4-6 filets white fish
blackening seasoning
shredded red cabbage
tortilla shells

Mango Salsa
2 avocados, diced
1 mango, peeled and diced
juice of one lime
1/2 teaspoon salt
handful of cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup chopped red onion

In a bowl mix all ingredients for mango salsa, set aside and let marinate.
Coat fish with blackening seasoning, grill. While fish is grilling, wash and shred cabbage, toast tortillas slightly in a pan. Layer fish, cabbage and salsa inside the toasted tortilla.
Serve with rice and beans and Enjoy!

1 comment:

Barb @ 1SentenceDiary said...

Hmm... I made fish tacos with a similar (but not exactly the same) recipe, and we thought they were very, um, mediocre. The fish was delicious, the salsa was great, but together they were just, well, OK. We ended up eating them more or less separately -- which was still good, just not what we expected. I think maybe I only like fish tacos with a creamy kind of sauce.
But I might give it one more try with this recipe. I mean, who doesn't like avocado?!