Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pillsbury Crescent Bacon-Cheddar Pinwheels

As I mentioned before, Pillsbury gave me the opportunity to throw a MyGetTogether and had me make 4 recipes. Here is another one. I realllly liked these! I like oniony things for appetizers...ok and everything! These were easy to make and easy to eat. Win-win! I didn't have any cheddar when I went to make these (someone used it all on their chili) so I used Kraft's 5 Italian cheese blend and it worked great. I think some dijon mustard or red pepper added to the Ranch dressing would help give it a kick!

Ingredients
1 8 oz can Pillsbury Crescents or Recipe Creations Dough
2 tablespoons ranch dressing
1/4 cup real bacon pieces (either 4 slices crumbled or the bagged kind)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 4 medium)

Heat oven to 350°F.

If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 2 long rectangles. Press each into 12x4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut lengthwise into 2 long rectangles.

Press each into 12x4-inch rectangle.

Spread dressing over each rectangle to edges. Sprinkle each with bacon, Cheddar cheese and onions.

Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices; place cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

No comments: