Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mock Chicken Pot Pie over Biscuits

One night last week I forgot to set something out for dinner - I know, breaking all of my rules of menu planning and preperation! Luckily my well stocked cabinets came to the rescue and this absolutely delicious dish fed our family. This my friends is convenience at its finest and I'll be honest when I say that I prefer this to a more complicated version.

Ingredietns
2 chicken breast, diced
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used Aldi Brand Healthy Request)
1 jar turkey gravy (or one packet turkey gravy plus one cup water)
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables (or 1 cup each frozen corn, peas, green beans and carrots)
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning

Bake frozen biscuits as directed by package. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, suate chicken breast and onion for 2-3 minutes. Add frozen vegetables and saute another 5-7 minutes. Add cream of chicken soup, gravy and seasonings, simmer at least 20 minutes. Serve over open faced biscuits. Top with cheese if desired (my boys always desire cheese, on anything...).

No comments: