Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Start With A...

I've realized over the past few months that although I try to make a lot of things homemade, I really make a lot of things "semi-homemade" too. I know that most of us are trying to make things as healthy as possible but it's wasteful to not use what you already have on hand in making that transition (unless you donate it of course!). Take this morning at our house. I had a Bisquick Shake and Pour mix I had gotten free after coupons and it just so happened that my boys wanted pancakes for breakfast. Now, I happen to think my homemade pancakes are pretty out of this world, but I needed to use that mix before it expired. So, I just doctored it up. I bet you do the same thing and don't realize it! I added some pumpkin, buttermilk and spices and they turned out really good!
After this mornings breakfast I've decided to officially start a series called "Start with A..." In this series we'll start with some sort of convenience item and go from there. How about you? Do you have a killer "Start with A..." tip you'd like me to share with everyone? Email me at thebigredpot@gmail.com and encourage others with your secret tips!

No comments: