Monday, January 3, 2011

Menu Inspiration Monday 1/3: Gigi's Goulash

We are still on the road but I wanted to be sure to share a dish we have enjoyed while at my in-laws this weekend. My mother in law makes this and I'll be real honest here: I.Love.It. If you are looking for some de-lish comfort food then I recommend making this dish this week.

Gigi's Goulash
Ingredients
1 bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 lb hamburger meat
1 clove garlic
1 bag egg noodles
1 large can diced tomatoes (29-31 oz)
2 cans beef broth
1 can beef consomme
3 oz velveeta, cubed
1 can mild/original rotel (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

In a large soup pot or dutch oven saute bell pepper, onion and garlic in a tbs of butter over medium heat until softened. Remove from pot, set aside. Add hamburger to the pot and cook until browned, remove and rinse. In same unrinsed pot, fill with water and boil noodles. Drain and add pepper mix, hamburger and noodles back to pot. Add remaining ingredients, stir well and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with a big salad and Enjoy!

What inspiring recipe do you have for us this first week of the new year?



No comments: