Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tuscan Fish Soup

I love throwing random ingredients together and coming up with a sensation. I'm the only person in my family that would ever eat this and so I made it for lunch the other day. If you don't like fish you could easily substitute chicken or make it a vegetarian dish. The best part to me was that after everything was added up, this soup is only 150 calories per serving!

Ingredients
2 boneless, skinless white fish filets
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
1 can italian diced tomatoes
2 cans broth (chicken, seafood, vegetable, whatever you have on hand)
1 cup frozen chopped spinach
1 clove garlic
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp all purpose fish seasoning - optional (I used McCormick)
1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
lemon wedges for serving

In a large pot combine all ingredients except lemon juice. Bring to a boil and simmer about 20 minutes or until fish breaks apart into smaller pieces. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and enjoy!

1 comment:

Griordanz said...

Your Tuscan soup photo looks delicious! I've used those seasonings before except without fish; this recipe with fish I'd like to try.