Wednesday, February 23, 2011

15 Minute Vegetable Beef Soup

I love soups. They can be such great, healthy one dish wonders! I threw this together the other day for lunch and man oh man it was so good! I love random convenience items that can be used together to taste like an all day affair. This is one healthy soup - lean protein and tons of great vegetables! Feel free to add any extra veggies you can think of - they will all work.

Ingredients
1 32 oz carton beef broth
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 jar traditional pasta sauce (I used Ragu)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced celery
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables or vegetable soup mix
1 cup water
1/4 tsp italian seasoning
1 zucchini, chopped (optional)

In a large soup pot or dutch oven brown beef with onion, celery and garlic. Once browned add all remaining ingredients. Simmer for at least 10 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Julie G. said...

Looks really really good. Only problem--I love your other beef stew recipe so very much that I'm not sure I'll ever go back to any other recipe, even if it is fast!