Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Special Chicken and Rice

This is a dish courtesy of my husband's mother. I've been told that as kids they weren't crazy about this meal, but as adults they all love it. I can always tell my husband is missing his Mom when he asks me to make this :) The flavor combination is wonderful and I love how healthy it is. I hope this dish is a blessing to your house like it is to ours.

Ingredients
1 C Rice (2 cups cooked) 
1 1/2 C coarsely chopped green pepper
1/2 C thinly sliced onion
2 Tablespoons oil
1/4 C Cornstarch
2 C chicken stock
3 Tbs soy sauce
2 C chopped cooked chicken
3 ripe tomatoes, cut in thin wedges

Prepare rice. Keep warm. Meanwhile, cook green pepper and onions in heated oil in covered skillet over low heat until tender but not browned. (if trying to avoid fat use a little chicken stock). Blend cornstarch with a small amount of chicken stock; add remaining stock and soy sauce. Gently stir chicken and stock into vegetables. Cook and stir until sauce is clear and thickened. Add tomatoes and cook just until heated. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.

No comments: