Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Best Oatmeal Cookies

I've tried a lot of oatmeal recipes and I have finally come up with the absolute best, knock your socks off recipe! I usally ike to make these plain but sometimes add raisins, chocolate chips or nuts and they are great that way as well.

Ingredients
2 Sticks Butter (I use Smart Balance)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
3 1/4 cups instant oats
1 cup raisins, chocolate chips or walnuts (optional)

In a large bowl cream softened butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and cinnamon, mix well. Add flour and baking soda, mix well and then by hand stir in oats. Add chips, raisins or nuts if desired. Spoon by tablespoon size balls and bake on a well greased baking sheet on 350 for 10 minutes. Remove, cool and enjoy!

1 comment:

Vonda said...

Yep, that is my recipe too. I put chocolate chips, and nuts (in a few for me). No raisins though. My favorite cookie.