Monday, March 21, 2011

Grilled Cheese Caprese

My family loves grilled cheese sandwiches so I look for new variations every chance I get. This one is sooo good and will be perfect with summer coming up so quickly! If you grown your own garden this can be a great addition to your frugal, homegrown meals. Enjoy it alone or with a great soup.
Grilled Cheese Caprese

Ingredients
2 slices bread (your choice but sourdough is the best!)
1 slice mozzarella cheese
2 slices very ripe tomato
3-4 baby spinach leaves

Basil Spread *use as little or as much to taste
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon fresh shredded parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Spread one side of bread with Basil Spread, layer all ingredients on that slice of bread and top with other piece. Grill in a pan with spray or melted butter until golden brown on both sides. Slice, serve and enjoy!

What inspiring recipes do you have to share with us this Monday?


2 comments:

Miz Helen said...

Hi Bethany,
I am so happy to see that you are posting your Menu Inspiration Monday again, I always loved coming here on Monday. Hope you are having a great day!

Create With Joy said...

Thanks Bethany for hosting. This is my first visit to your blog. I look forward to joining you again - have a fabulous week!

Ramona

http://create-with-joy.com