Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Inspiration Monday 3/28

One of my favorite things about summer is grilling and one of my favorite things on the grill is BBQ chicken! It just speaks my love language. I don't, however, enjoy grilling when it is 20 degrees outside and could never go 4 months without BBQ chicken of some kind. My Mom has been making a recipe similar to this for some time and I have always loved it. Here is my recipe and be sure to make extra so you can make a BBQ Chicken Pizza later in the week. Cook this once and eat it twice!

Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken

Ingredients
4-8 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1/2 to 1 bottle bbq sauce
1 onion, thinly sliced
garlic powder (just shaken over chicken)

Place chicken in a large casserole dish and sprinkle with worcestershire, garlic and brown sugar (in that order). Cover with thinly sliced onion and then BBQ sauce (amount really depends on your taste).
Bake covered for 30 minutes on 350, uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Once chicken is finished cooking, remove each piece from pan, slice into strips, return to pan and toss in remaining sauce. Serve and Enjoy!

What recipes do you have to inspire us this Monday?



1 comment:

Marelie said...

Hello. I found your site while browsing. I just linked mine. I am your new follower