Monday, March 7, 2011

Menu Inspiration Monday 3/7

I have made varying versions of this recipe over the years and finally have one that we all really like. For our family, I can make this once and freeze half of it for us to eat later. I'll give you the option of stove-top or oven baked - we eat the first round stove top and the frozen version baked in the oven with extra sauce on top. The most exciting thing for me is that you can use 1 chicken breast and be surprised just how far it goes!

Bacon and Pea Pasta - Two Ways
Ingredients
1 box piece pasta (bowtie, penne, etc)
4-6 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups frozen green peas
1 large chicken breast, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup mozzarella cheese
4-8 oz cream cheese (this depends on your taste)
1/2 cup chicken broth/stock
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Boil pasta, drain, set aside. In a large pot, cook bacon, crumble and set aside. Saute diced chicken until done, add garlic cook about 1 minute longer. Add in peas, bacon, chicken broth and cream cheese, stir until juice melted and pour over pasta. Toss to combine and then stir in parmesan and mozzarella cheese until mixed through.

Now, you can either serve as is or pour into a baking dish and top with 1/2 a jar of alfredo and bake on 350 until bubbly. Enjoy!

What great recipes do you have to inspire us today? I found inspiration here, here and here!

2 comments:

Julie G. said...

I'm excited about just using 1 chicken breast too. Seems like I always have 1 random frozen chicken breast floating around in my freezer that I need to use up. This looks yummy.

Nisahomey said...

Hi...first time here...and I entered my link...(sorry some error came and I linked a second too..pls delete it if u can...sorry for the inconvenience).