Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Saved 99.5% at Walmart tonight!

I am IN LOVE with Walmart's new coupon policy!!! While I am aware that these overage coupons will be rare, I was so excited to take advantage of this tonight! My total before coupons for the 27 items below was $49.38
After coupons and overage my total was $0.21! Y'all. I can not believe I am saying this but, look at how much money I just saved at *gasp* Walmart! Here's my breakdown:

8 Purex To-Go Packs $0.97 each - used eight $3/1 from the 2/20 Red Plum which gave me $16 in overage
3 Gain Dryer Sheets $3.12 each - used three $3/1 from the 2/13 Red Plum
2 Gain Dish Liquid $0.97 each - used two $1/1 from the PG Facebook Booklet
Chef Boyardee - Free Product Coupon
2 Frosted Mini Wheat $2.98 each
1 bunch bananas $0.54 - used $1 off any fruit wyb 2 Kellogg Cereal Peelie
Nitrate Free Beef Hot Dogs $3 - used $1/1 peelie
Nitrate Free Turkey Dogs $1.98 - used $1/1 peelie
2 Motrin IB $3.78 each - used $6/2 from the 1/9 Smart Source
2 Muir Glen Tomato Paste $0.96 each - used $0.75/1 printables
2 Welch's Juice Price Matched to Harps $2.50 each - used $1/1 from the 2/13 Smart Source
Beech Nut Banana Cookies $1.74 - used $0.75/1 email coupon (no longer available)
Baby Carrots - $1.68
Total before tax - $0.21
Overall I had $16.74 in overage from my coupons.They'll probably change their coupon policy tomorrow just because I'm excited - ha!

6 comments:

laura said...

nice! I want to know what the cashier said. :)

Courtney said...

We have 2 Walmarts here and both of them aren't nice when it comes to coupons. I was actually told one time by the cashier "I be tryin to steal from wally" ummm geez I didn't know if I should correct her speaking or cry. I think I go there once a month and most of the time it's just to get All You.

Good Job for you though!

thebigredpot said...

well, I really got lucky with this one. I went by myself after the boys went to bed to test out the coupon policy and my cashier was a teenage boy who normally works in electronics and did NOT want to be checking people out. So, he gladly scanned and entered all of my coupons without saying one word or acting impressed - I know he was ;-)

thebigredpot said...

this has always been my experience as well, horrible! But, thanks to their new policy, the cashier HAS to abide by it - print it out and take it with you if you are feeling adventurous! :)

rebecca said...

wow! thats great!! im certainly impressed!

Ashley D. said...

That is awesome! Too bad I just started getting inserts on 2/27 and missed all those great overage producing coupons!

I did use several of the coupons in the PG booklet they mailed out for travel size freebies and cheap toothbrushes at Walmart.