Friday, May 27, 2011

Joplin, Mo - How You Can Help

First of all, thank you for so many of your sweet, encouraging comments and emails regarding my Joplin post. I can promise you this, any good you see in me is Him. I'm thankful that God gives me the opportunity to be obedient and to give. I really believe that each of us has something we can give whether it be goods, money, blood, time or prayers. Each of us can help in some way.

Several of you asked how you can help and while I'm sure there are many more ways, here are a few I have found:

1 - Head over to the Joplin, Mo facebook page with a ton of great resources and ways to help

2 - Head over to this post by Money Saving Mom where she lists local ways to help

3 - CNN gives a list of relief organizations here

4 - For those of us in Arkansas, Laura left me this message: I heard on the news last night that all Old Navy stores in Arkansas are serving as a drop-off point for donations to Joplin, MO. If you make a donation some (if not all) stores will also give you a coupon for 10% off!

If you know of any other ways/methods please leave a comment in the comment section.

Also, please continue to pray for these people. Most are mourning loss of loved ones and many have loved ones that are still missing. I think the last count was around 232 people that are still not accounted for. God knows where they are and I pray that closure or reunion is in store for everyone involved.

No comments: