Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weight Watcher's Wednesday - May 18

Welcome back to the second week of Weight Watcher's Wednesday. I made this for dinner last night and my husband really liked it and requested I make it again. I have a hard time with "orange" things so next time I think I'm going to use lemon and an extra clove of garlic. The texture was very good and it definitely did not feel like I was eating something light.
Orange Crumbed Baked Chicken - 6 pts

Ingredients
2 Tbs Orange Juice
2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup crushed whole wheat crackers (half sleeve wheat ritz)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 scallion, finely chopped (I used a garlic clove)
1 tablespoon orange zest
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs

Pre-heat oven to 350. In a large ziploc or bowl mix together orange juice, mustard and salt. Cover chicken with mixture and sit at least 30 minutes (overnight would probably be really good!). Mix together crumbs, zest, scallion and pepper, press marinated chicken into crumb mixture, pressing well to coat. Place chicken on a well sprayed baking sheet, bake 15 minutes on one side before turning and baking an additional 20 minutes on the other side. Serve with steamed broccoli and enjoy!

3 comments:

The How To Mommy .com said...

That sounds good.  Is 6 points the new PointsPlus program?  I am doing weight watchers too.  Thanks for joining Tasty Thursdays.

Bethany said...

yes - points plus! I meant to put the nutrition info photo up so I'll be sure to add that in :) 

Elizabeth from FTM said...

 Awesome!!!  I'm saving this for when I start WW back up after my daughter is born. New follower from Tasty Thursdays!