Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cheeseburger Hoagies

This is a recipe from an It's Good For You Pampered Chef recipe book. I love that this is super kid friendly and that you don't have to get out on a hot or cold day and fire up the grill. For some reason these remind me of McDonalds cheeseburgers and I'm strangely ok with that. The original recipe calls for you to put this on french bread cut in half, but I found that to be too 'bready' - I serve these on hamburger buns and we like that much better.

Ingredients
1 lb very lean ground beef (you could use turkey)
1/4 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons mustard
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
1/2 onion chopped
2 slices cheese singles (you could use shredded)
lettuce, tomatoes, onions, extra cheese and buns for serving

Brown meat with onion until cooked through. Add garlic clove, ketchup, mustard and cheese slices. Stir until well combined. Serve over buns with any fixings of your choice. I like to serve this with oven baked fries and raw veggie sticks. Enjoy!


No comments: