Friday, April 1, 2011

Chocolate Quicksand

Oh dear friends. If you love chocolatey desserts then you are going to want to make this today. It is SO good. I seriously had to stop myself from eating half of it in one sitting. Hence the name - it really is like quicksand. Once you're in...you're in good.

Ingredients
1 chocolate cake (baked according to package)
1 8 oz cool whip (you can make your own if you don't like cool whip)
1 3 oz instant chocolate pudding (made according to directions for pudding)
1 8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar

Cream together 1 cup cool whip, 8 oz cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar, set aside. Take baked cake and scoop out entire inside of cake and crumble, leaving the bottom and side crust. Press crumbles into the bottom of a 9x13 pan (or two 8x8 pans to make two!) to make a solid, bottom layer. Next carefully spread cream cheese mixture on top of cake layer. Next layer with prepared chocolate pudding and last top with remaining cool whip. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and serve cold. Enjoy!

**This can be made in a trifle bowl, layering everything twice and without pressing crumbles. Also, I used all lowfat products and you could not tell at all!

7 comments:

Marshalelrod said...

Thanks for the recipe! Can't wati to try it!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Bethany,
This looks like a great dessert. Thank you for sharing and have a great day!

Concetta said...

I love this recipe and the possibilities are endless! Thank you for sharing.
<><
Concetta

ButterYum said...

What a cute name - I've never heard of this cake before.


:)
ButterYum

Lisa @ Sweet as Sugar Cookies said...

Now that's some quicksand that I wouldn't mind sinking into. I'd eat my way out if I had to. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your chocolate quicksand up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html

Jerri said...

This looks yummy! Thanks for linking up to Friday Favorites last week! Hope to see you again!

kellyS said...

So good!!!!