Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Simple Roasted Chicken


When it comes to simple you just can't beat 2 ingredients with tons of flavor. This is going to be part one of how to turn a whole chicken into 3 different things - so stay tuned.

Ingredients
Whole Chicken, cleaned out and rinsed
1 bottle Salad Dressing (whatever you have on hand)

Take a whole chicken and remove anything from the inside cavity and rinse thoroughly. Loosen the skin from the chicken but do not remove. Place in a resealable bowl/container and pour an entire bottle of dressing on it. It can be any kind, I promise. The oils in the dressing will help keep the chicken moist and tender. Massage the dressing into the chicken under the skin. Marinate overnight.
Cook on 375 for 20 min/per lb. If you are concerned about the skin getting to brown, cover loosely with foil in the last 20 minutes of cooking. I remove the skin after cooking so it doesn't bother me if it browns.
Once cooked, allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing. Don't throw away the bones - we're going to use those to make stock!

2 comments:

Carly said...

Yummo! I've always been a little scared to try and bake my own chicken in fear of giving my family salmonella poisoning. HAHA! This sounds so easy though. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower. Come check out my blog when you get a chance.
Carly
www.WordyOwl.blogspot.com

Bethany said...

This sounds really easy-easier than the way I usually roast a chicken! And I didn't think that was possible :)
I'll be sure to try it out next time I'm doing a chicken.
Thanks!