Friday, October 22, 2010

Creamy Bow Tie Bake

A few weeks ago my oldest son was sick and did not have much of an appetite. I did what any mother would do and channelled my inner people pleaser and decided I'd make him something special, something I just knew he would eat. Then, in true money and time saving fashion I decided to do a quick batch cooking session and turned my "get the boy to eat lunch" project into two full dinners in the freezer. You know how I feel about freezer cooking. No? Check it out here. If you're wanting to add a "meat free" meal to your mix, this would be great. You could even add in a cup of ricotta or cottage cheese for extra protein.

Ingredients
1 box Farfalle or Bow Tie Pasta
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce (your fave)
1 8 oz cream cheese
1 bag frozen chopped spinach (does not have to be thawn)
1 cup italian blend cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Boil noodles until just cooked through. In a large bowl combine all ingredients, mix well. Pour into a 9x13 or 2 8x8 baking dishes and either freeze for later or bake on 350 for 45 minutes. You can always top with additional mozzarella if desired. Eat as is or as an accompaniment to Parmesan Chicken. Enjoy!
**If your family does not "like" spinach, simply place jarred sauce, thawed spinach and parsley in a blender and process for about 2 minutes and then add to the bowl...I doubt they'll even notice it then :)

No comments: