Monday, November 8, 2010

Mental Health Monday: Back to Basics Week 2

Cut out some junk

So, how did you do last week? I did SO good Monday - Thursday night and I felt like a new woman! I was more joyful, got more accomplished and felt "normal" for the first time in a long time. Now, Friday. Friday at about 3:30 am my youngest woke up screaming uncontrollably. Nothing would calm him down and so I was up from 3:30 that morning until I went to bed that Friday night. He had an ear infection and even though we are slowly getting better, my been sleepin through the night since 4 months child has been up 2-3 times each night. But, what can you do? Maybe you are like me and your life circumstances won't let you sleep 7-8 solid hours of sleep. Just do the best you can and don't stay up doing projects that can wait until the next day. Try again each night and you never know which night will be the one the stars align and you do get that sleep! The few nights I did  get 7-8 hours of solid sleep have convinced me that the dishes can indeed wait and those full hours of sleep are so worth it.

This weeks challenge: Cut out one processed item from your diet. I encourage you to read this article to give you the boost you need to get started. Here is a small excerpt:

"Think about it ... if it comes in a box, can, bag or carton, it's processed. The fact that these foods are so readily available, and, often, of such poor quality, has led some, like associate professor of pediatrics at Harvard David Ludwig, to say that they're actually discouraging healthy eating and leading to a "toxic environment."


This is going to be a tough one. I don't eat many processed things, but the ones I do eat I LOVE. Like Chips and skittles :) So, I'm going to give up all candy AND chips this week. Ugh. It's going to be a challenge for sure, but I think I can do it. You may not think this is too big of a struggle but I have a house full of Halloween candy!

If you're new to the challenge:

Check out the Challenge here
Check out Week 1 here

In the Comment Section tell us how your Week 1: Catch those Zzz's went!

No comments: