Monday, March 14, 2011

Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower


Why am I just now discovering how much I love cauliflower? I mean, seriously - the wait was too long! This recipe is so good and I could oh so easily eat the whole pan by myself.
Ingredients
1 head cauliflower, rinsed and broken into florets
1 head broccoli, rinsed and broken into florets
1 tsp lemon zest
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil

In a large ziploc bag (or bowl), combine all ingredients, shake well and allow to coat and sit for at least 30 minutes. In a 400 degree oven, pour contents of bag on a very well sprayed cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite main dish. Enjoy!

What inspiring recipes do you have to share with us this Monday?

1 comment:

Julie G. said...

Oh yes, roasted veggies are a favorite at our house. I make this recipe a lot, except I add a little fresh grated Parmesan right after it comes out of the oven. Yum. Try it with asparagus and zucchini--two more of our favorites!!