Friday, August 6, 2010

Marinated Freezer Chicken

Ever notice that the best deals on meat, especially chicken come in a gigantic mega pack? I have made the fatal mistake of just freezing the whole pack and then when I thaw it thinking, "Now what am I going to do with all this chicken?" While you could roast all of it at once and then freeze it, another way to make the most out of your great deal find is to freeze the chicken in dinner size portions in freezer bags. Just portion out what would be enough for one grilled or baked dinner and place in a freezer bag along with the marinade of your choice. I love using salad dressings as marinade. I've also heard equal parts italian dressing and bbq sauce works good.
Then, when you are preparing for dinner you just have to thaw out your prepared chicken which will already be marinated
and can go straight to the grill

No comments: